Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Reason To Try New Things

It's been easy for me to get on with new things... it's exciting and challenging.
I don't know why people get so scared about doing new things. They make it sound like it's another thing beyond their imagination or something that they're not good at so why bother to try doing it.

I heard a neighbor once saying that when our city will become a highly urbanized city, it will have new things like more investors, more jobs, more people from other places will be coming to either do business or just come for vacation and have fun. This is what he foresee for our city, Puerto Princesa City. But not this tricycle driver. He said very angrily that if people of Puerto Princesa would vote for progress and help make our city become highly urbanized, it will just put all Palawanos into shame. Well, when I heard him talk like that, I figured out that he was really sincere to what he was saying. So, I asked him why. And he answered very vigorously. He said the city is not ready to become a highly urbanized city. It's all for politics, he said. Then, I wanted to ask more but I just reached the only shopping mall in the city and have to pay six pesos. As I reached to him my tricycle fare, he said with a mirk... "when our city becomes highly urbanized, you will have to pay me eight pesos or even more". I just smiled at him...

Now, the city is highly urbanized. Well, not in the physical aspect... just on papers.

And yes, the tricycle fare now is eight pesos... I heard they will have to make it to even ten pesos if I ask the tricycle to drop me off at the front of my gate. I usually pay six pesos even if I ask the driver to stop in front of my gate.

But hey, I see many establishments starting to sprout like mushrooms around the heart of Puerto Princesa, Corporate Lawyers are here, many are selling portions of their lands to people who wants to invest and these investors will put up other establishments that will generate jobs for people of Puerto Princesa. It's going to be a good thing even though the city don't have good drainage system where alot of streets still get flooded, alot of streets are dark because there are places where electricity is not yet available, there are still places where there's no cellphone signals and alot of places that still have no proper roads.

Anything that is new is not bad.

It can be surprising and brings good things, we just have to wait, cope up and be open.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment